Area Supervisor - Stockton, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Stockton, CA 95205, US
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
As an Area Supervisor, Mileage Sales, Lease, & Service you will be responsible for the profitable management and effective execution of Mileage agreements with major commercial fleets. Qualified candidates for this position should have a positive attitude, be highly self-motivated and possess a mechanical aptitude. As a Goodyear employee, you will be offered a benefit package which includes, medical, prescription drug and dental plan, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and 11 paid holidays, etc.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Managing/directing and supervising of personnel.
· Dealing directly with customers and managing customer relationships including making initial connection and building relationships with prospective customers.
· Managing and ensuring delivery on customer and contract requirements including accounts receivable.
· Performing hands on tire service including: mounting, dismounting, and regrooving of heavy-duty bus tires by both hand and machine, balancing, and flat repairs.
· Vehicle inspection, inflation maintenance and record keeping.
· Assist management with hiring and training.
· This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments; therefore, exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
· Observe and comply with all safety and liability guidelines and policies.
· Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting.
· Must be able to manage and direct associates.
· Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements.
· Position requires overnight travel up to 60%. A company vehicle will be provided to perform company business.
· Position requires flexibility to work scheduled shifts including nights and weekends.
· Be at least 21 years of age.
· No relocation is being offered for this position.
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Minimum 1 year of management experience.
· Minimum 1 year of experience calling on prospective customers.
· Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
· Strong oral and written communication ability.
· Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
· Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
· Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548