Assistant Facility Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Las Vegas, NV, US
Supply Chain & Procurement
Requisition ID: 80334
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
About the Position
Role will be primarily 2nd shift, but candidate must be able to work 1st shift when needed.
Goodyear is seeking an Assistant Facility Manager to join our Mobility Hub team in Las Vegas in support of AndGo by Goodyear. AndGo by Goodyear is a seamless vehicle servicing platform from Goodyear that combines predictive software, skilled technicians, and trusted national service hubs making it easier to service connected fleets with reduced downtime and disruptions. AndGo operates in California, Nevada and Texas, with plans to further expand in the US and globally. This platform is positioned to generate revenue with today's customers (e.g. carsharing, ride hailing), while learning and building what's required to meet the needs of future vehicle types and customers (e.g. AVs).
This new role will be based in Las Vegas and tasked with:
- Assiting the facility manager with daily operations
- Managing the 2nd shift operations
- Team building through recruiting, hiring and training
- Inventory Management
- Creating new service offerings for key customers
Assisting the facility manager with daily operations
- The assistant facility manager must protect the assets of the company and customers by assisting in managing all functions within the facility for example employee badge access, secured inventory, and vehicle security.
- Working with associates to maintain optimal performance in servicing customer vehicles.
- Assist with maintaining all equipment to function properly and safely.
Managing the 2nd shift operations
- Maintain a clean and safe facility including building, storage area, tools, supplies and equipment.'
- Ensuring safety guidelines are followed by all, including safety glasses, work appropriate footwear, ear plugs, and gloves.
- Scheduling technicians to perform evening services for customers and also playing a support role for said technicians.
- Perform monthly EHS audits and repot any findings to facility manager.
Team building through recruiting, hiring and training
- Assist with the hiring and onboarding of new associates.
- Assist in the coaching and training of new associates to maintain a team of top talent that can deliver results.
- Put together weekly and monthly auto related training programs for technicians through 3rd party suppliers.
- Assist Auto technicians in obtaining ASE certification.
- Assist in controlling and protecting the assets of the company by monitoring shop supply and product inventory levels.
- Ensuring purchasing programs for parts and supplies are followed.
- Weekly ordering of shop supplies through approved venders.
- Making sure Tire inventory is conducted daily and secured in designated area.
Creating new service offerings for key customers
- Collaborate with customers to identify new servicing needs
- Identify and prototype solutions to the identified serving need
- Provide feedback and learnings to the development team
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors in engineering, marketing, economics, social sciences, or similar is required
- MBA or MS is desired
- 4+ years of experience working in operations, innovation, or customer-facing roles
Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures
- Strong communication skills, tech savviness, and decisiveness under ambiguous circumstance
- Ability to contribute to a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to design and run quick iterative experiments based on minimum viable prototypes
- Ability to travel 10-30% on average
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.