Assistant Plant Manager - Phoenix, AZ Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Phoenix, AZ 85017, US
Retail and Commercial
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As the Assistant Plant Manager, you will be supporting the Plant Manager in leading retread plant associates in the execution of Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers retread systems in order to efficiently and effectively manufacture light and medium truck, bus, and specialty tires. Also, you will assist the Plant Manager in providing safety, quality, and production leadership for all plant associates. The Assistant Plant Manager is also responsible for all plant operations in the absence of the Plant Manager.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee and direct plant floor activities and participating in production.
- Safely and proficiently operate all machines and perform all functions in the retread plant when required.
- Assist in ensuring all documentation and production records are completed accurately and properly.
- Assist in ensuring all equipment and machines in plant are maintained properly.
- Assist in maintaining production schedules, control production, and control quality of production.
- Provide oversight on quality control of finished product.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the plant and of guests
- Set standards and insure compliance with company policies and safety standards.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- One year of management experience.
- One year of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Retread manufacturing experience.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548