Commercial Service Tire Technician - Walk-In Interviews - Seattle, WA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seattle, WA 98108, US
Retail and Commercial
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
10AM - 3PM
9426 8TH AVE SOUTH
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As a Commercial Service Technician, you will be accountable for properly and safely performing the tire and related services needed for all commercial tire users both in the truck care center and on the road. Experience isn't required for this position, you will be able to be trained in any skills required. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Service Commercial Tires including dismounting and mounting any type of tire.
- Train to perform match mounting, match mating dual assemblies, and radial runout as necessary.
- Inflating of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
- Perform roadside service calls on a rotating on call schedule.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and making such repairs.
- Remove tires for retreading or repair as needed.
- Properly execute required service ticket to submit to management.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer service calls, diagnosing issues, and performing on-site repairs and/or replacements.
- Clean and maintain service equipment.
- Properly maintain assigned Service Vehicle including appearance of on-board service equipment.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location and of customers
- Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
- Wear proper PPE, use tire cages, and follow all other safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- Position requires an on-call schedule on a rotating basis. Must be willing to perform service calls on nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis. During the on-call period, associates are paid double time for service calls (2 hour minimum).
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including being at least 18 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous Commercial Service Tire experience.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548