DevOps Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA, US
Research, Development, Engineering & Quality
Requisition ID: 77737
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
About the Position
The Software Engineer will work on cross-functional teams to develop/drive software applications and digital tools to meet AndGo objectives. This position will coach peers/team members on effective software engineering techniques. The incumbent will consult with experts (when needed) on the appropriate software designs/techniques required. He/She will drive new problem-solving strategies while also improving upon defined strategies to achieve a higher-level of performance objectives. Additionally, this role will recommend approaches to accelerate learning, maintain enthusiasm and ensure proper pace to deliver project milestones, as well as provide compelling direction and logical conclusions for progress towards engineering milestones (both verbal and written).
AndGo by Goodyear operates in over 15 cities in the United States (U.S.), with plans to further expand in the US and globally. AndGo is a platform enabled service that offers vehicle servicing to new mobility companies (e.g. car sharing, ride hailing, electric vehicles and autonomous mobility). In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for designing, engineering and operating a new business for Goodyear.
- Develop/Test enhancements, bug fixes and new features for software applications.
- Analyze/Design new features/enhancements - Working closely with our Product/Design partners and Senior Engineers.
- Provide support for our application and users by triaging, resolving or escalating issues reported by users or by system monitors/alerts.
- Coach/Mentor team members on best practices of software engineering.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field required, Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field desired
- 3 or more years of experience designing/delivering applications - Working on an Agile software development team(s)
- Experience translating feature requirements and design specifications into technical use cases - Managing ambiguity
Skills and Abilities
- Professional experience with managing application hosting in 1 or more cloud platforms (ideally Amazon Web Services)
- Strong system design experience - Developing hosting architectures and leveraging platform services effectively
- Experience building continuous integration (CI)/continuous development (CD) processes/tools
- Experience translating software application requirements into a technical hosting design and automated implementation
- Experience setting up monitoring and alerting for key application metrics and log events
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.