Electrical Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Topeka, KS, US
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
About the Position
Lead and maintain equipment ensuring it complies with all safety, environmental and other regulatory compliances. Will be responsible for interpreting and creating technical CAD drawings and schematics, as well as understanding and designing modern safety control systems. Will also be working with variable frequency drives (VFD) and servo motion controlTrack and identify engineering expense and capital budgeting compliance. Ensure the proper design, installation, modification, and maintainability of new and existing plant equipment, buildings and facilities. Provide the necessary engineering and maintenance support to the production organization in order to promote the production of the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost.
- Develop and execute activities involving continuous improvement tools, analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions and facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs. These duties would include training and instruction of appropriate team members and day-to-day floor support.
- Assist in identification of unacceptable performance through analysis and acquired technical knowledge of the product and process including waste and cost reduction.
- Assist in and learn process for prepare cost estimates, financially justifying project, prepare budgets, review design, supervise installation and commissioning.
- Assists in research of new equipment, systems, and processes to advance plant operations.
- Gain understanding and assist to ensure safety, environmental and other regulatory compliances by working with appropriate associates on EHS issues, following the implementation of MSR's, and continually improving the communication across all relevant departments.
- Participate in contractor management process and periodically audit contractor’s work to ensure that safe work practices and standard operating procedures are followed.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- MS in related field preferred
- Minimum (4) four years’ experience working with multidisciplinary Engineering and Maintenance associates to achieve cost effective goals.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interpret and create technical CAD drawings and schematics.
- Ability to understand and design modern safety control systems.
- Some knowledge working with variable frequency drives (VFD) and servo motion control.
- Computerized layout, spreadsheet and database management.
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to understand plant layouts, capital estimating, associate-man computations, tire manufacturing equipment processes.
- Equipment design experience and project engineering or project management role is preferred
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.