Engineer - Electrical Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Lawton, OK, US
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Heather Rodriguez
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Primary Purpose of the Position:
To assist the Engineering/Maintenance Departments in start-up of new and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment. Must be able to properly adjust, troubleshoot and repair all automatic, electronic, and electrical systems in a heavy manufacturing environment. Demonstrated ability to direct installation, programming PLC logic, AC and DC Drives installation, replacement and setup and all manner of upper level electrical devices for control.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn and maintain a working knowledge of all equipment in the plant. Transfer that knowledge to hourly maintenance craftsmen to better enable them to repair/maintain plant equipment.
• Assist the Engineering Department in the start-up and troubleshooting of new and revised equipment. Function as a resource to hourly craftsmen. 20% Assist with revising, adapting, or redesigning components and/or systems that become obsolete. Assist with Installing, properly adjusting, troubleshooting and repairing all automatic, electronic and electrical systems.
• Implement processes & methods that meet internal & external customer requirements. Develop and implement machine technology upgrades to improve quality, productivity, and safety. Support the evaluation of products, processes, methods & obtain maximum results.
Education & Certifications:
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
(0-2 years) Training with PLC's, AC / DC Variable speed drives, Electronic Test Equipment, Mechanical Devices and Calibration of electronic devices. Functional knowledge of all voltages through 480v. required, with working knowledge through 4,600v. desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• PC Skills
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Self-motivated and willing to take initiatives with a positive attitude.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Understanding of technical drawings & procedures (Auto CAD, Autodesk inventor).
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.