Fire Emergency Specialist - EHS Coordinator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Lawton, OK, US
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Heather Rodriguez
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Primary Purpose of the Position:
•With support from the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager and the Site Leadership Team, the EHS Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of processes to maintain EHS compliance and to continuously reduce EHS risk and to maintain fire and life safety codes/ federal/state and local codes to include Goodyear’s safety management process.
•Provide Fire/safety life codes, Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) expertise relating to applicable regulations, controls and state-of-the art methods of EHS Management.
•Manage relevant data to ensure all required reporting and communication to Regulators is complete and accurate.
•Maintain ISO 14001 Certification by implementing improvements in Facility Management Systems, Internal Environmental Audits, Corrective Action Plans and Continuous Improvement Activities.
•Track, trend and report Fire/safety EHS-related key performance indicators (KPIs).
•Build EHS capability within the site, to include EHS Management System Element Owners and members of EHS Element Teams/Sub-Committees.
•Build and leverage relationships with formal and informal leaders to drive EHS down, up and across the organization.
•Coordinate and implement all phases of a program pertaining to fire and life safety inspections and plan review: to conduct fire and life safety inspections or plan review of all levels of difficulty for the purpose of ensuring compliance with fire safety standards in state and federal codes, laws, regulations, and policies for all situations within the jurisdiction of the Office of the State Fire Marshal, or when requested; and to do related work as required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• 24/7 on call
• 20% Maintain a deep-level understanding of existing Environmental Permit Requirements. Ensure required activities are performed, data is accurate, organized, maintained and reported as required. Maintain a deep level understanding of existing Fire/Life Safety Code Requirements. Ensure required activities are performed, data is accurate, organized, maintained and reported as required.
• 20% Provide guidance in the areas of Isolation and Control of Hazardous Energy (i.e, Lockout/Tagout), Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene and Hazard Communication/Chemical Management in addition to other Safety Media. Provide guidance in the areas of Fire/safety process, hazardous materials, Hazard Communication/Chemical Management and walking/working surfaces.
• 20% Identify opportunities to enhance Fire/safety compliance and reduce risk. Identify opportunities to enhance EHS compliance and reduce risk. Develop, implement and monitor action plans.
• 20% Lead PEC EHS/Fire teams. Track, trend and report identified KPIs to site and corporate leadership.
• 20% inspect and audit EHS-related processes and equipment – track, trend and report results.
Education & Certifications:
REQUIRED: Bachelors Degree in Fire Science.
DESIRED: Bachelors degree in Fire Science with a minor in occupational health and safety.
• 6 or more years of experience in serving as a Fire investigator, firefighter, fire protection engineer, or emergency management director.
• 6 or more years of experience in both Environmental and Health - Safety Media is desired
• Experience managing aspects of Site Environmental Permits (e.g., Title V, NPDES)
• Experience communicating at multiple levels of an organization
• Experience tracking, trending and reporting EHS-related data
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of Federal, State and Local Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate at various levels of the organization.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Proficient in Excel.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.