HVAC Technician - Topeka, KS Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Topeka, KS 66618, US
Goodyear. More Driven.
As an HVAC Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing process as well as comfort heating and cooling by troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, repair and installation of all tire related manufacturing and comfort heating and cooling HVAC equipment. You will also be responsible for safety and housekeeping throughout the facility.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair multiple types of chillers and air conditioning systems
- High pressure centrifugal chillers
- Low pressure centrifugal chillers
- Screw compressor chillers
- Scroll compressor chillers
- Commercial rooftops
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair steam, electric, and gas fired heating equipment
- Operate Johnson Controls Metasys building controls program
- Log or use computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed
- Adhere to all EPA standards concerning the use of refrigerants
- Abide by safe work standards including Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Adhere to Goodyear's attendance policy
- Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable
- HS Diploma/GED
- A minimum of one year of experience in HVAC field
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment contingencies
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
- Basic computer skills
- Must provide basic tools
- Must have EPA Universal CFC License
- Uniform Mechanical Code License
- 5 years of prior experience with commercial HVAC service
- Experience Adhering to industry-specific safety standards
- Self-motivated: demonstrates appropriate initiative with or without direct supervision
- Hard worker: someone who works diligently to get tasks done
- Adaptability: the ability to make changes, and to be successful in changing environments
- Team player: an associate who can be counted on to assist the company in being successful whether working on a team or individual projects
- Commitment to working safely
- Willingness to adhere to tobacco-free policy.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548