Kanban Coordinator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Topeka, KS, US
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Heather Rodriguez
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Entry level planning position. This position will work with plant planning team and internal Materials organization to identify internal customer needs, create / execute plant ticket structure and drive it to the shop floor. These actions will be centered on creating a functional, visual plan for plant ticketing execution. Learns and applies current technology and standards in performing assigned tasks. Consults with leadership, experts when needed on the appropriate level for the application. Works across teams to meet business requirements. Avoids inappropriate levels of risk. Participates in lean methodologies to implement the ticketing process to achieve a more effective, integrated transparent supply chain. Manage and drive systems and procedures to improve the movement of materials into, through and out of the plant in support of North American manufacturing. Work within standard work for all planning and ticketing processes. Learns, knows, and applies existing planning solutions to meet product requirements. Carries out work utilizing the appropriate process within functional group.
Participates in meetings in a supporting role. Participates in a change process. Entry level planning position with no management directly or indirectly required. Able to provide possible back shift support of the planning systems in support of the Kanban Coordinators.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in transforming the ticket needs into a useable and accurate
plan the plant floor associates can use to produce needed product.
Work with planning team to help drive improvement strategies to the shop
floor within the plant planning systems.
• Participate as a driver / user of Goodyear Flow System and Goodyear
Operating Systems. Works close with Manufacturing Control Coordinator and planning team
members to ensure focus is maintained to ensure the plants internal
needs are met as well as external customers.
• This individual must be willing to accept and embrace change and drive
this change to the shop floor. Participate in leadership responsibility and accountability for teaching and coaching shop floor associates on the planning and ticketing processes withing the facility.
• Promote and be engaged in further implementation of efficient planning systems, including standard work, kanban systems and other pull/lean systems.
• Participate in high quality analysis of plant planning operations to identify improvement initiatives.
Education & Certifications:
• Transformational execution ability, 1- years’ experience in supply chain/planning field.
• Knowledge & experience in supply chain or related field preferred.
• Plant/manufacturing experience preferred.
• Production scheduling & monitoring systems (PSMS), or similar system familiarity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to guide, mentor, train, teach others in the lean tools.
• Possess strong communication, business, technical. analytical & planning skills.
• Knowledge of elements that make up the inter plant material flow.
• Knowledge of tire technology a plus.
• Strong computer skills necessary for plant scheduling management.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.