Linux Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Lawton, OK, US
Location: Lawton, OK
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
The Linux Systems Administrator is a technical position involving in-depth support of multiple applications as a Systems Administrator and at times, web development. This individual will aid in the support of several computer systems. This could include but is not limited to operating systems such as Red Hat Enterprise Unix / Linux, CentOS, Windows Server .Storage and virtulization experience highly desired.
• Web development, testing, and implementation of solutions, work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project deadlines and goals.
• Troubleshoot intermediate problems and recommend appropriate actions.
• Maintain data integrity and security of the servers.
• Conduct daily system checks and review log files using monitoring tools to analyze system performance.
• Perform installation, testing and maintenance of operating systems.
• Involved with the testing and implementation of operating system upgrades and patches.
• Assist with operating system/hardware vendor's technical support to resolve problems. Will be responsible for issue until a resolution is found.
• Works closely with the database and application administrative personnel to ensure space requirements, backup procedures and performance needs are being met.
• Involved with the configuration, implementation and maintenance of storage file system structures with little or no assistance.
• Support backup/restore operational issues.
• Analyze and participate in capacity planning efforts of operating systems.
• Participate in on-call support of operating systems.
• Required to use and document standard operating system/hardware processes and procedures.
Required Education and Experience
- A 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related discipline is required or in lieu of degree, 10+ work experience.
- 5+ years information technology experience .
- Intermediate experience in Web Development is desired
- Intermediate experience with operating systems
- Experience with VMWare Vsphere 5.5, ESX, 5.5 virtualization and storage technologies a plus.
- Intermediate experience with storage architecture and standards
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law - click here for more information