Maintenance Mechanic - Medicine Hat, AB Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Medicine Hat, AB T1C 1W8, Canada
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
Safety is our priority! COVID-19 protocols are in place, including mandatory face coverings, social distancing, disinfection stations, and others to protect our associates.
For more than a century, Goodyear has led the industry in manufacturing innovative tires that deliver the highest level of performance for everything from passenger cars and trucks to airplanes, heavy-duty mining equipment, and racecars. We are devoted to advancing tire technology, applying our innovations to new products that deliver confident mobility for drivers everywhere. If you are looking for a challenging, yet rewarding career path, you will enjoy being a part of the manufacturing team.
As an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright), you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing process by trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all tire-related manufacturing, processing machinery and equipment. You will also be responsible for related safety and housekeeping obligations throughout the facility.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for technical support: troubleshooting, calibrating, installing, identifying, testing, programming, repairing and preventative maintenance
- Understand and apply knowledge of steam, water, air, vacuum, condensate, and other systems and equipment with department operations
- Analyze, troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment, machinery, physical facilities and the utilities/control
- Safely operate machines including lathes, milling machines, planers, shapers, CNC Machine
- Use precision measuring instruments to maintain specified, close tolerances while maintaining and repairing industrial equipment
- Measure, make sketches and fabricate parts, fit keys, lay out center lines, weld, cut, fit bearings, drill, tap and align holes
- Interpret blueprints, sketches, maintenance manuals and manufacturing specifications
- Log or use computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed
- Abide by safe work standards including Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Adhere to Goodyear's attendance policy
- Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable
- HS Diploma/GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to successfully complete all post-employment, pre-employment contingencies
- Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
- Basic computer skills
- Experience as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright with basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction and operation of heavy industrial machinery, power and control devices
- Industrial Mechanic/Millwright Journeyman's certificate or 2- or 3-year diploma in Industrial Maintenance/Millwright
- Desire and willingness to learn and perform across crafts
- Experience adhering to industry-specific safety standards
- Self-motivated: demonstrates appropriate initiative with or without direct supervision
- Hard worker: someone who works diligently to get tasks done
- Adaptability: the ability to make changes, and to be successful in changing environments
- Team player: an associate who can be counted on to assist the company in being successful whether working on a team or individual projects
- Commitment to working safely
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. We employ about 64,000 people and manufacture products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Goodyear's two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is proud to offer equal employment opportunities where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with diverse ethnicities, races, religions, gender and sexual identities as well as disabilities. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the application or recruitment process, please let us know. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry.
For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate
Goodyear is proud to offer equal employment opportunities where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the application or recruitment process, please let us know. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process 438-239-9179.