OTR (Off-The-Road) Service Technician - Commerce City, CO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Commerce City, CO 80022, US
Retail and Commercial
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
Starting Pay rate for this market – $25.00/hour
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As an OTR (Off-The-Road) Service Technician, you will work at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Center and be responsible for all aspects of tire and related service and repair for off-the-road equipment (e.g., construction, earthmoving, mining, farm).
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Dismount and mount any type of off-the-road tire including multi-piece rims.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and making such repairs.
- Mount and safely inflate tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
- Operate heavy duty tire service equipment and tools including boom cranes, cribbing, jacks, compressors, electric, and hydraulic equipment.
- Properly execute required service ticket and other paperwork.
- Comply with OSHA and MSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position.
- Observe and comply with all other safety and liability guidelines and policies, including using protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines as well as manual tools.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location and of guests.
- Properly maintain assigned service vehicle including appearance as well as on board service equipment and tools.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- Previous relevant OTR commercial tire service experience
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- OTR service training and certifications.
- High School or GED.
- Experience Operating a 30,000 lbs. GVW OTR Service Boom Truck.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548