Product Manager (technical) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA, US
Research, Development, Engineering & Quality
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Danielle Armbruster
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
About the Position
This role will work on cross-functional teams to scope and develop software applications and digital tools to meet AndGo objectives. They will develop and test new techniques, lead project teams in the implementation of research projects, and consults with experts, externally and internally, when needed on the appropriate product management techniques, concepts, and approaches required, or for the procurement of additional resources. Additionally, this role will manage and bring clarity to ambiguous product problems while also identifying unique product solutions and converges on key insights, opportunities and solutions.
AndGo by Goodyear operates in over 15 cities in the US, with plans to further expand in the US and globally. AndGo is a platform enabled service that offers vehicle servicing to new mobility companies (e.g. car sharing, ride hailing, electric vehicles and autonomous mobility). In this position you will be part of a team responsible for designing, engineering and operating a new business for Goodyear.
- Product features - help scope and lead the coordination and specification of new features for digital products: coordinate the design, specification, and handoff to devs of feature systems and interfaces, ensuring styling, UX pattern, and overall product alignment of UI components with brand guide and product.
- Plan, conduct & lead user research and usability feedback in person and digitally; interpret research data/analytics to identify actionable insights.
- Document product iterations and help to improve centralized product documentation (product requirements document); reconcile designs with technical requirements and hand-off designs to technical teams.
- Build the product management competency within the product team and mentor and guide other product team members.
- Innovation Research, Competitive Research, Market Mapping, Learning about the Mobility space., Competitive Research, Market Mapping, Learning about the Mobility space.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design (or relevant degree)
- Master’s Degree in Design (or relevant degree) desired
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven history in product management, experience in all the phases of the design process (from research, and concept generation, to final design handoff).
- Demonstrated experience leading ideation and iterative design to articulate product strategies through the creation of new products.
Skills and Abilities
- Passion for new technologies, solving problems and learning about how people interact with products. Good storyteller, can pitch a vision
- Strategic thinking about how product implications impact users’ experiences.
- “Full-stack” product manager who balances autonomy and collaborative work to deliver in each phase of the PM process (from research, and concept generation, to final design handoff).
- Creates and sets the standard for product artifacts to communicate and work with engineers and implement solutions as intended.
- Receptive to critique, actively solicits feedback from team members and customers and incorporates it.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.