Production Specialist Associate Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Topeka, KS, US
Goodyear. More Driven.
- Support plant by interfacing with plant QTECH & manufacturing.
- Ensure quality systems integrity.
- Implement new products & processes & resolve product performance issues.
- Achieve cost savings through improvement initiatives.
- Perform activities that involve issuing reports, conducting product quality audits, issuing & dispositioning product holds, maintaining & interpreting product, process & material specifications related to maintain & improving the product quality within the manufacturing process.
- Carry out activities that involve facilitating development builds & trials, issuing product, process or material specifications, analyzing data & conducting process & equipment trials related to improving manufacturing capability & competitiveness.
- Execute activities involving continuous improvement tools, analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions & facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product cost.
- These duties would include training & instruction of appropriate team members & day-to-day floor support.
- Identify & correct unacceptable performance through analysis & technical knowledge of the product & process including waste & cost reduction.
Required Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Desired: MBA, technical.
- 3 years' experience in manufacturing, continuous improvement experience, a solid understanding of product quality & waste reduction & experience in understanding product integrity.
- Experience in a union environment (as applicable).
- Specific experience in tire manufacturing processes desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to influence floor & staff associates in all activities desired.
- Tire specification, tire construction, manufacturing equipment & manufacturing processes.
- Must be analytical & able to organize data & communicate to all levels of organization in all areas of expertise.
- Preferred: statistical procedure, statistics & basic product design.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.