Retread Maintenance Technician - Dallas, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dallas, TX 75247, US
Retail and Commercial
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers Retread Maintenance Technician, you will perform retreading functions for light and medium truck, bus and specialty tires. This position functions in a manufacturing environment at a Goodyear CTSC Tire facility where commercial truck tires are retreaded through a series of manual and automated processes. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Repair out of service or improperly working equipment in a timely manner to limit downtime.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment using a timely schedule
- Maintain and operate the plant steam, air and hydraulic systems in a safe and efficient way.
- Install new equipment
- Comply with all safety and liability guidelines and policies.
- Use protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- 3 years of previous experience in a manufacturing maintenance setting or completion of 2-year vocational school in industrial maintenance.
- Prior electrical and electronic trouble shooting experience – ability to work with 24VDC to 500VAC.
- Prior pipe fitting experience.
- Prior compressor and hydraulic experience.
- No relocation is being offered for this position
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous retread manufacturing experience
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548