Sr. Accountant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Beaumont, TX, US
Accounting & Finance
Location: Beaumont, TX
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
The Sr Accountant will support North American Tire Accounting and be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of North American Tire’s consolidated financial statements for both internal and external reporting. This includes month end closing routines for inter-company consolidation, inventory valuation, customer sales programs, benefit accounting, revenue recognition, budget vs. actual analysis, cash flow analysis and balance sheet analytics.
- Complete detail level of support to Procurement business (category managers and leads) and supply chain for supplier’s data research (volume purchases, team, products and working capital).
- Provide and support all assigned periodic reports and information in accordance with deadlines, including AOP within required timeline and SOX quarterly reviewed documents.
- Create analytical analyses for internal senior/executive management.
- Creation and/or support of 10_KQ disclosures. Documentation, testing and review of Corporate SOX.
Required Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate Degree in accounting, finance, or other business field. CPA and/or MBA or other advanced Degree desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting, auditing and/or financial analysis experience
Personal Skills/Attributes/and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products.
- Interpersonal skills that establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly.
- Ability to support accounting/finance decisions with logical evidence and persuasively present position.
- Understanding of US GAAP, accounting for complex transactions and familiarity with internal controls in compliance with SOX.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.