Training Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Topeka, KS, US
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Heather Rodriguez
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Primary purpose of the position:
- This position provides direction & leadership for the plant hourly education & training effort to ensure that all manufacturing associates have the competencies required to meet customer & government requirements & continuous improvement in every manufacturing performance indicator. This position is accountable for the management &/or coordination for the hourly training processes & systems which meet prescribed training guidelines.
- This position is key to the implementation & measurement of key intervention strategies which allow the plant to achieve its performance objectives. The incumbent plays a key role in assessing local competency gaps & helps to define measures for remediation of these gaps.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Lead & manage the hourly plant training function: Assists in developing annual plant hourly training plan: Identify & organize resources to implement hourly training plans; Participates in auditing plant hourly training function performance against training guidelines; Advise plant leadership on matters related to floor education & training.
- Oversee & use plant hourly training systems.
Education & Certification:
- 4 year college degree.
- 5 years manufacturing experience.
- 2-5 years' experience in training facilitation for hourly & salary staff.
- 2-5 years’ experience in curriculum design & development writing of objectives based training guidelines & the creation of tools.
- 3-5 years' experience managing the functions of planning training, scheduling, tracking evaluation, reporting at a mid-sized company or 1-2 years at a large company. 2-5 years ‘experience conducting gap analysis & proposing solutions for countermeasures.
- Competent in technology utilized in training industry.
- Ability to recommend learning & development interventions after analysis of problem & consideration of alternative solutions.
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral & written form utilizing required technologies.
- Ability to design & implement systems to track training & the associated costs.
- Must stay current on industry trends in learning & development to meet the needs of cross-generational associate learning.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.