Wheel Refurbishing Technician - Chino, CA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chino, CA 91710, US
Retail and Commercial
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As the Wheel Refurbishing Technician, you will be responsible for performing refurbishing of commercial truck wheels in a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers Commercial Tire facility through a series of manual and automated processes. This position does not require experience and the company will train in required skills.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Learn and perform wheel refurbishing process including: Steam cleaning product (wheels) of foreign materials, shot blasting product to remove rust and paint, Inspecting product for unsafe conditions.
- Responsibility for product completion including approving or disapproving product.
- Painting product with special paint and color for customer.
- Maintain proper control of inventory to assure customer receives proper product.
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly/90 day's maintenance schedule and logbook.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location.
- Comply with all safety and liability guidelines and policies, including using protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Previous manufacturing experience including shot blasting and painting.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548